- eval - create a shell command and process it
- eval [ options ] [arg...]
- eval is a shell special built-in command that constructs a command by concatenating the args together, separating each with a
space. The resulting string is then taken as input to the shell and evaluated in the current environment. Note that command words are expanded
twice; once to construct arg, and again when the shell executes the constructed command.
- It is not an error if arg is not given.
- If arg is not specified, the exit status is 0. Otherwise, it is the exit status of the command defined by the arg
- exec(1), trap(1), .(1)
- eval (AT&T Research) 1999-07-07
- David Korn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Copyright © 1982-2010 AT&T Intellectual Property