- umask - get or set the file creation mask
- umask [ options ] [mask]
- umask sets the file creation mask of the current shell execution environment to the value specified by the mask operand. This
mask affects the file permission bits of subsequently created files. mask can either be an octal number or a symbolic value as described in chmod(1).
If a symbolic value is given, the new file creation mask is the complement of the result of applying mask to the complement of the current
file creation mask.
- If mask is not specified, umask writes the value of the file creation mask for the current process to standard output.
- Causes the file creation mask to be written or treated as a symbolic value rather than an octal number.
- The file creation mask was successfully changed, or no mask operand was supplied.
- An error occurred.
- umask (AT&T Research) 1999-04-07
- David Korn <email@example.com>
- Copyright © 1982-2010 AT&T Intellectual Property