Grants for Grad Students to Attend STOC 2011
SIGACT supports student travel to STOC. For STOC 2011, SIGACT anticipates making up to $25,000 in Student Travel Awards, depending in part on available external funding. These awards are for needy students to help cover expenses related to attending STOC 2011. Preference will be given to students who do not have any other funds to get there.
To apply email the information listed below to William Gasarch <firstname.lastname@example.org> by April 18, 2011. Please use the following subject line: ``STOC11 travel award'' The email has to be a pdf file.
Include the following in your email in this order:
- University name and country.
- A detailed expense list, in US dollars. If Registration and Hotel are not posted yet, you can estimate them, in which case, please say that you are doing so.
- Other travel funds that are available to you.
- A statement from your advisor on availability of travel funds (note: vague statements such as ``funds are tight'' are not informative).
- SIGACT encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups for these awards. If you are part of such a group, you may state indicate your membership here (optional).
- A short statement describing you academic standing and interests, your expected graduation date and degree, advisor's name, and, if available, a URL for a working Web page. Also indicate whether and when you have attended previous major theory conferences (e.g. STOC and FOCS).
This information will be used to prioritize the awards. The awards will be announced shortly after the deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.
You should receive an email acknowledging your application within 3 week days. If not, please resubmit or contact William Gasarch by some other means.
Student travel to STOC 2011 is supported by ACM SIGACT.