- export - set export attribute on variables
- export [ options ] [name[=value]...]
- export sets the export attribute on each of the variables specified by name which causes them to be in the environment of
subsequently executed commands. If =value is specified, the variable name is set to value.
- If no names are specified then the names and values of all exported variables are written to standard output.
- export is built-in to the shell as a declaration command so that field splitting and pathname expansion are not performed on the
arguments. Tilde expansion occurs on value.
- Causes the output to be in the form of export commands that can be used as input to the shell to recreate the current
- Successful completion.
- An error occurred.
- sh(1), typeset(1)
- export (AT&T Research) 1999-07-07
- David Korn <email@example.com>
- Copyright © 1982-2010 AT&T Intellectual Property