Supported PSPs (Photo Sharing Service Providers)
- I. Preparation
- II. Download and Install the binary
- III. Install a certificate.
- IV. Proxy Setting (Require WiFi connection)
- V. Try it out.
- Prepare an Android Device: The binary is tested for Android 4.x devices
- Go to Settings/Security. Check "Unknown sources" box to install a custom binary.
- Go to Settings/Security on the device. Select "Install from device storage" under "Credential storage" category. If the certificate is properly downloaled at above step, you can see the certificate file named as mitmproxy-ca-cert.
- Verify if it is installed correctly at Settings/Security/Trusted credentials, "User" tab.
- Go Settings/WiFi, press and hold a current WiFi AP. Choose "Modify network config.".
- Check "Show advanced options" box. Change Proxy settings drop-down box from "None" to "Manual".
- Then, set "Proxy host name" field to "127.0.0.1", "Proxy port" field to "8080".
- Run the mitmproxy app first, which will act as a local proxy, intercept all incoming/outgoing http(s) traffic. Make sure that the proxy app is running, i.e. should not terminate on its own. Escape from the proxy app using the home button.
- Now we are ready to use the system. Download, for instance, a Facebook app from the Google PlayMarket, create an account, upload any photos, and compare the app screen with that of other devices.
Last Modified: Nov. 12th, 2012